One of the largest university-based facilities - working at the intersection of biology and engineering.
MNTL is one of the country's largest and most sophisticated university facilities for conducting photonics, microelectronics, biotechnology, and nanotechnology research. Our 15 class 100 and 1000 cleanrooms, 46 general purpose labs, and 2,500 square foot biosafety level-2 bionanotechnology complex contain all the tools researchers need to conduct their work.
- MNTL Director's Message for Summer 2018
- Hsuan-Ping Lee Awarded Ernest A. Reid Fellowship
Lee Will Pursue the Field of Advanced Semiconductor Technology
- Research Team Has Demonstrated First Laser to Generate Laser Beams with Fractal Pattern
Optical Information Processing Could Be Impacted by This Discovery
- The Journey to Becoming a Physician-Innovator
The Personal Story of a Physician-in-Training
- Illinois Receives $1.5 Million to Lower Cost, Improve Viability of DNA Storage
New DNA-based Storage Nanoscale Devices
- Student Excellence Rewarded: Yifan Yao Receives Alfred W. Allen Award
Award-winning Student Set to Start Ph.D. Studies