MNTL Facility Rates
Last updated: March 29, 2016
MNTL is one of the few university-based research facilities that accommodates semiconductor growth and fabrication with biological experimentation in the same building. For the safety of everyone in the building, the cleanrooms are access controlled, meaning researchers can only work in the labs after completing proper training. The Bionanotechnology Lab is also access controlled, so users must first complete extensive training before working in this complex.
- MNTL researchers pay $15/hour for cleanroom access. (Effective 8/1/16 the rate will be $17/hour).
- Non-U of I researchers affiliated with another university pay $20/hour for cleanroom access.
- Industry researchers pay $50/hour. (Effective 8/1/16 the rate will be $75/hour.)
- All cleanroom users pay additional fees depending on which specialized tools/equipment they use. Please review our specific rate structure for details.
BioNanotechnology Lab rates
- All U of I BioNano lab users pay a $200/month fee, which includes some supplies (e.g., general solvents, pipettes, etc.). Effective 8/1/16, U of I users will pay $300/month.
- Industry visitors pay $1,000/month.