One of the largest university-based facilities - working at the intersection of biology and engineering.
Popular undergraduate semiconductor Fab Lab moving to MNTL
After brief hiatus, hands-on lab will be offered again in fall 2016 semester.=
Silicon nanophotonics pioneer Vlasov joins faculty
Illinois research to focus on integrated optical devices and brain-inspired computer architectures.=
- New DoD-funded project will improve lasers' internal cooling to increase beam quality
ECE Professor Gary Eden leads team focused on removing heat from fiber & disk lasers to enhance output.
- MNTL-affiliated startup has cost-effective solution to clean water
ECE Professor Gary Eden's company uses microplasma technology to generate ozone to remove bacterial and viral pathogens and harmful chemicals from water.
- Popular undergraduate semiconductor Fab Lab moving to MNTL
After brief hiatus, hands-on lab will be offered again in fall 2016 semester.
- Silicon nanophotonics pioneer Vlasov joins faculty
Illinois research to focus on integrated optical devices and brain-inspired computer architectures.
- MNTL hires Greg Pluta as new managing director
Former managing director of high-tech industry-university center to lead MNTL Industry Affiliates Program and help MNTL's operations function effectively.
- Shape of tumor may affect whether cells can metastasize
MNTL faculty affiliate Kilian part of Illinois research team whose recent study found cancer stem cells seemed to appear along edges of engineered tumor environments.
- New deposition system enables monolayer 2D materials growth
van der Zande and Zhu's new MOCVD growth system provides MNTL with capability to grow new class of monolayer 2D nanomaterials.