The following is a summary list of benefits offered to members.
- Sponsored precompetitive research, benefitting Industry members, faculty research, and graduate research assistants.
- Federal Grant Proposal support. ERC’s, STC’s, and several other large center-type grant proposals require strong industry support, which is coordinated through the MNTL IAP. Other federal funding opportunities also require a strong industry affiliates program such as NSF GOALI (Grant Academic for Academic Liaison with Industry) and PFI-AIR (Accelerating Innovation Research).
- Technical webinars, securely presented in support of sponsored research programs.
- Educational Program in the Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory. Our staff will develop specialized courses and webinars in response to Industry needs. We will also coordinate with the BioE MS in Bioinstrumentation program and other University of Illinois offerings as needed.
- Facilitated Access to Illinois Faculty, students, and MNTL staff. MNTL will coordinate company visits with the College of Engineering and campus offices of Corporate Relations, University Office of Corporate Relations, and other colleges, as needed.
- Exchange of Visitors. Through the MNTL IAP, arrangements will be coordinated for company visitors to spend time at the University, and students and faculty to spend time at select companies. This includes facilitation of seminars and temporary office space, as negotiated.
- Assistance to establish University of Illinois Contracts. As needs for specialized directed projects develop outside of the MNTL IAP, this process will be facilitated by the MNTL IAP Managing Director.