- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois, 2016
Dr. Andrey E. Mironov is a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Laboratory for Optical Physics and Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Mironov has more than 12 years of research experience in photonics, microfabrication and semiconductor fields. His Masterâ€™s thesis was focused on advanced Plasma-Enhanced CVD methods of carbon nanotube deposition. He received a National Award and Presidential Fellowship (Russia) for a perspective student research work in nanotechnology and nanomaterials for his MS thesis in 2010. Starting from 2012 his prime research areas have been laser spectroscopy, alkali lasers, and microplasma devices. In 2016 Dr. Mironov developed a new pumping mechanism for high power gaseous alkali lasers. In 2018 he developed and patented a novel photolithography technique utilizing flat microplasma lamps. Dr. Mironov holds 5 patents (3 other patents pending), 12 papers and over 25 conference talks in the plasma, microfabrication, and laser spectroscopy fields.
- Photoablation lithography
- UV and VUV light sources
- Alkali lasers
- Atomic and molecular spectroscopy
Selected Articles in Journals
- A. E. Mironov, J. H. Kim, Y. Huang, A. W. Steinforth, D. J. Sievers, and J. G. Eden. "Photolithography in the vacuum ultraviolet (172 nm) with sub-400 nm resolution: photoablative patterning of nanostructures and optical components in bulk polymers and thin films on semiconductors" Nanoscale, 12(32), 2020
- A. E. Mironov, N. Yu, S. Park, M. Tuggle, J. Gragg, C. Kucera, T. Hawkins, J. Ballato, J. G. Eden, and P. Dragic. "All optical fiber thermal vacuum gauge" J. Phys. Photonics, 2(1), 2020.
- J. H. Kim, A. E. Mironov, S.-J. Park, and J. G. Eden. "Atomic Layer Deposition and Patterning of 15-185 nm Thick Al2O3 Films with Microplasma Arrays for Low-Temperature Growth and Sub-300 nm Lateral Feature Resolution" ACS Applied Nano Materials, 3(5), 2020.
- S. Park, A. E. Mironov, and J. G. Eden. "Cs-Ar Optical Amplifier With a Saturation Intensity of 10 kW-cm2 and Single-Pass Extraction Efficiency of 28% at 852.2 nm" Optics Express, 28(9), 2020.
- A. E. Mironov, D. L. Carroll, J. W. Zimmerman, and J. G. Eden. "Cs D2 line laser (852.1 nm) pumped by the photoassociation of Cs-Ar, Cs-Kr, and Cs-Xe collision pairs: Impact of rare gas partner on threshold and efficiency" Applied Physics Letters, 113(5), 2018.
- A. E. Mironov and J. G. Eden. "Manipulating Excited State Hyperfine Level Populations in An Atomic Laser Through Electronic Spin Polarization: Generating Anisotropic Coherent Radiation From An Isotropic Medium" Optics Express, 25(24), 2017.
- S.-J. Park, C. Herring, A. E. Mironov, J. H. Cho, and J. G. Eden. "25 W of Average Power at 172 nm in the Vacuum Ultraviolet From Flat, Efficient Lamps Driven by Interlaced Arrays of Microcavity Plasmasmas" APL Photonics, 2(4), 2017.
- H. Cheng, Y. Zhou, A. E. Mironov, W. Wang, T. Qiao, W. Lin, Q. Qian, S. Xu, Z. Yang, and J. G. Eden. "Mode suppression of 53 dB and pulse repetition rates of 2.87 and 36.4 GHz in a compact, mode-locked fiber laser comprising coupled Fabry-Perot cavities of low finesse (F = 2)" Optics Express, 25(20), 2017.
- A. E. Mironov, J. D. Hewitt, and J. G. Eden. "Spin Polarization of Rb and Cs np 2P32 (n=5,6) Atoms by Circularly-Polarized Photoexcitation of a Transient Diatomic Molecule" Physical Review Letters, 118(11), 2017.
- A. E. Mironov, W. Goldshlag, and J. G. Eden. â€œTwo color pumping of the Rb D2 line laser (780 nm) through the photoassociation of Rb-Ar or Rb-Xe thermal pairs: Realization of a quantum efficiency above oneâ€ Applied Physics Letters, 107(4), 2015.