About Micro & Nanoelectromechanical M/NEMS Integrated Systems
The Micro and Nanoelectromechanical M/NEMS Integrated Systems area is developing micromachining methods for a variety of materials such as silicon, compound semiconductors, silicon carbide, piezoelectric films, and polymers to enable applications in many interdisciplinary areas, including wireless communications (VHF to sub-THz frequencies), optoelectronics, imaging, and biomedical engineering.
Faculty & Research Groups
- Radiation Surface Science & Engineering Lab (Jean Paul Allain)
- Laboratory of Integrated Bio Medical Micro/Nanotechnology & Applications (Rashid Bashir)
- Nano Sensors Group (Brian Cunningham)
- Illinois Integrated RF Microsystems Group (Songbin Gong)
- Nanoengineering in the 2D limit (Arend van der Zande)