Matthew B. Wheeler
368 Animal Sciences Laboratory
1207 W. Gregory
Urbana, Illinois 61801
Ph.D., Physiology and Biophysics, Colorado State University, 1986
- For more information:
- Beckman Profile Page
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements:
- University Scholar, University of Illinois (2002)
- Awarded, Honorary Lifetime Member, Sociedade Brasileira de Transferencia Embrioes (SBTE), Brazilian Embryo Transfer Society. (August 30, 1997)
- Outstanding Faculty Advisor, Minorities in Agricultural, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS) (1996)
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Teaching:
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers 2000, available only to teachers nominated by students who have been cited for academic excellence themselves in Who’s Who Among America’s High School Students and the National Dean’s List. These students are allowed to nominate only one teacher from their entire academic experience. Only 2.5% of the Nations college teachers are honored in Who’s Who.
- D.E. Becker Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching and Counseling, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 1999.
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Research:
- H.H. Mitchell Award for Excellence in Research and Graduate Teaching, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2001.
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Public Service:
- Elected, Chair, Urbana Academic Senate Executative Committee 2011-2012
- Elected, University Senates Conference, University of Illinois, 2008-2011, 2011-2014; Elected Chair 2010-2011
- Elected, Board of Governors, International Embryo Transfer Society, 2009-2011, 2012-2014; Treasurer 2011-2014
- Faculty Athletics Representative to Big Ten Conference and NCAA, 2002-present
- Elected President, International Embryo Transfer Society, 2005