Electrical and Computer Engineering
45 Everitt Lab, MC-MC 702
1406 W. Green
Urbana, Illinois 61801
PhD Applied Physics Cornell University 1971
- Research Interests:
- Development of High Power Electronic Devices Based on III-V Nitride Semiconductors Using Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- Tissue Engineered Scaffolds with Imbedded Microspheres to Improve Bone and Soft Tissue Healing Through Controlled Delivery of Growth Factors
- Precision Particle Fabrication: The Targeted Delivery of Microsphere Encapsulated Aminobisphosphonates for Treating Autoimmune and Neoplastic Diseases of The Mononuclear Phagocytic System
- Nanowire & Nanotube Interconnect Technology for 3D ICs
- Investigation of Novel Approaches to Fabricating Micro and Nanoscale Structures for Development of New Devices for Lighting, Display, and Power Storage
- Syntheses and Study of Tailored Organometallic, Inorganic and Polymeric Precursors for Sol-Gel Processing, Charged Liquid Cluster Beam Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Investigation of Methods for Controlled Fabrication of Thin Films and Nanoparticles Using Charged Liquid Cluster Beams of Precursor Solutions
- Design of Microparticles for Precision Drug Delivery
- Development of Methods for Fabricating Uniform Micro and Nano Spheres and Capsules of Biodegradable and Biocompatible Materials for Application to Biotechnology
- Development of Novel Field Emission Display based on Copper Nanowires
- For more information:
- Department Profile Page
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Teaching:
- ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 2004.
- Nominated for the ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, 1999
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Research:
- Industry's Directory of Technical Consultants
- Who's Who in Frontier Science and Technology
- Who's Who in the Midwest
- International Who's Who in Engineering
- International Who's Who in Energy and Nuclear Sciences
- American Men and Women in Science
- Who's Who in Technology Today
- Included in:
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois, December 2011.
- Member, Advisory Committee, College of Engineering, Seoul National University, March 1, 2006 - present
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2005
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois, December 2005.
- ECE Faculty Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Illinois, 2004
- Outstanding Consumer & Diversified Product Paper Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2004.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Award, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2003
- Overseas Member, National Academy of Engineering, Korea, 2002
- Meritorious Award, ICF Target Fabrication Specialists' Meeting, 1995.
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meetings, 1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Electrical and Communications Division, 1991-1993
- Member, National Science Foundation Advisory Committee of Visitors, 1990 & 1993
- Best Paper Award, Nuclear Division, American Ceramic Society 92nd Annual Meeting, 1990
- Japanese Government Award for Foreign Specialist, 1989 (Awarded by the Science and Technology Agency of Japan)
- Member, U. S. Delegate to International Atomic Energy Agency Meeting Gut Ising, Upper Bavaria, Fed. Rep. of Germany, Oct. 24-26, 1988.
- Beckman Research Award, 1985 (University of Illinois)