Ph.D. Chemistry, Brown University, 1983
- Research Statement:
- Synthesis and development of tailored organometallic, inorganic and polymeric precursors to deposit nanoscale materials, such as thin films, nanoparticles and nanowires of metals and ceramics, and micro and nano-spheres of biomaterials, via sol-gel processing, flow-limited field emission electrostatic spray (FFESS) deposition, and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) for applications including dye-sensitized solar cells and display devices, and via precision particle fabrication (PPF) technology for advanced drug delivery systems and encapsulation of cells, especially islets for the treatment of type I diabetes.
- Research Interests:
micro and nano spheres/capsules of biodegradable/compatible materials for advance drug delivery, tissue engineering, and cell encapsulation.
- Precursors for Nanoscale materials synthesis:
Syntheses and development of tailored organometallic, inorganic and polymeric precursors
- Thin film and nanoparticle fabrication:
Thin films, micro and nano particles, and nanowires/tubes via sol-gel processing, charged liquid cluster beam (CLCB) deposition, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), chemical solution deposition (CSD), and precision particle fabrication (PPF) technology.
- Electronic and optical materials:
electronic, optical and magnetic materials for various devices involving thin films, micro and nano particles, and nanowires/tubes of metals, and metal nitrides and oxides utilizing their electronic, optical, optoelectronic, and magnetic properties.
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Research:
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, 2012
- Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, 2006