Civil and Environmental Engineering
3110 Newmark Civil Engineering Bldg
205 N. Mathews
Urbana, Illinois 61801
PhD, Computational Mechanics, Stanford University, California, 1993.
- Research Interests:
- Computational Mechanics and Finite Element Analysis, in particular, combining the engineering and mathematical points of view in the coupled design and analysis of methods that are mathematically rigorous, numerically robust, simple and economic.
- Multscale and Stabilized Finite Element Methods for Multiphysics Problems, - Nonlinear Continuum Mechanics and Constitutive Modeling, - Computational Micro- and Nanomechanics and Numerical methods for Biomechanics, - Computational Fluid Dynamics, Fluid-structure Interaction.
- For more information:
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Teaching:
- UIUC List of Professors Ranked Excellent by Students
- Edward M. Burke Teaching Award, UIC
- Teaching Recognition Program Award, Council for Excellence in Teaching & Learning, UIC
Honors, Recognition, and Outstanding Achievements for Research:
- Member-at-Large of the Executive Committee of US Association of Computational Mechanics
- Elected as Member of the General Council by the Executive Council of the International Association of Computational Mechanics
- Elected to serve as the Member of the Nomination Committee for the EMI Board of Directors. (ASCE-Engineering Mechanics Institute)
- Robert H. Dodds Faculty Scholar, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois.
- Member-at-Large of the Applied Mechanics Division (AMD) of ASME
- Fellow of the United States Association for Computational Mechanics
- Charter Member of the Engineering Mechanics Institute of ASCE
- Fellow of the American Academy of Mechanics (AAM)
- Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Faculty Fellow, National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA).
- Fellow of the International Association of Computational Mechanics (IACM).
- Faculty Distinguished Research Award, College of Engineering, UIC.
- United Nationís TOKTEN Program Award.
- NSF Award for the Second US-China Symposium on Computational Mechanics, Beijing, China, (Represented USA in the 10 member US delegation).
- USACM Young Investigator Travel Award for the Fourth World Congress on Computational Mechanics
- Professional Associate Award, The East-West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Mian-Iqbal Gold Medal, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.