Access to MNTL Faculty and Shared-Use Laboratories
Procedures for Gaining Laboratory Access
The following only applies to MNTL facility users who
are NOT seeking access to the Cleanroom or BioNanotechnology Laboratories. If
you will need access to either or both of those facilities please follow the
access instructions here:
Failure to complete each step of the following instructions could prevent or delay your access to the facilities within MNTL.
- Complete and submit the Keycard Request Form. If
cylinder keys are needed, also fill out the Cylinder
Key Request Form and submit it to the MNTL Business Office in Room 2104 MNTL.
- Take the online General Lab Safety Training
offered by the University’s Division of Research Safety (DRS). Print out
the certificate generated upon completion of the training. If you are an
external user, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for DRS login and password information.
- Attend the MNTL Building Safety Training, normally held on the first Tuesday
and third Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m. Report to Room
2104 MNTL when you arrive for the training. Please send
e-mail to email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled
training session to confirm your intention to attend.
At the MNTL Building Safety Training you must bring the following:
- Your Keycard Request Form signed by a PI/Faculty member
- DRS General Lab Safety Training Certificate
- $8.50 fee for your proximity i-card form
- $25 deposit for each cylinder key requested
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-300-4947 if you have additional questions regarding MNTL access.