MNTL Cleanroom Laboratory Access Procedure
Please read the following lab access procedures carefully! Failure to complete each step of these instructions could prevent or delay your access to the Cleanroom Laboratories within MNTL.
- Complete and submit the Keycard Request Form. You can also obtain a print copy from the MNTL Business Office in Room 2104 MNTL. You need to get this form signed by your PI, or he/she can e-mail the business office stating that you can take the training.
- If cylinder key(s) are needed, please print out a Cylinder Key Request Form and submit it to the business office. Make sure it is signed by your PI.
- Complete and submit the following online forms and training session certificates:
- The MNTL Questionnaire for New Cleanroom Users
- Take the online General Lab Safety Training offered by the University’s Division of Research Safety (DRS). If you are an external user, please send e-mail to email@example.com for DRS login and password information. Please submit the certificate that you receive after this training
- Take the DRS online HF Safety Training program. Please submit the certificate that you receive after this training.
- Attend the MNTL Cleanroom Lab Orientation and Safety Training, normally held from 2:30 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday and third Monday of each month. Report to Room 2104 MNTL no later than 2:20 p.m. when you first arrive for the training. Your submitted Cleanroom forms are your confirmation that you want to attend the training.
- Attend the MNTL Building Safety Training, also normally held on the first Tuesday and third Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m. Report to Room 2104 MNTL when you arrive for the training. Your submitted Keycard Request Form and General Lab Safety Training Certificate are your confirmation that you want to attend the training.
- Depending on your cleanroom and fabrication experience, you may be required to take a short sequence of training modules covering the four basic process areas: lithography, deposition, etching, and
metrology. The training modules will be comprised of both lecture and lab components. They will be held monthly for a limited number of attendees, and an attempt will be made to provide flexible scheduling. Contact Glennys Mensing (firstname.lastname@example.org) after your cleanroom training about these modules.
- You can obtain a Proximity Card Form no sooner than one day after your training. If you already have a 5-digit prox card number on the back of your i-card, you do not need to get another prox card number. If you do need a prox card number, the form is $8.50, payable by cash or check (no debit or credit cards).
- You will be able to get cylinder keys after you have obtained your prox card number. Each key requires a $25 refundable deposit, payable by cash or check.
Once the above access procedures have been finalized, cleanroom users should contact the appropriate “super-user” to schedule individual training on the processing equipment within the cleanroom labs. (See Cleanroom Equipment Super-User List.) Also be aware that anyone using the MNTL cleanrooms after-hours is required to follow the laboratory's Buddy System Policy.
Send e-mail to email@example.com or call 217-333-3097 if you have additional questions regarding cleanroom access.