MNTL Cleanroom Laboratory Access Procedure
Please read the following lab access procedures carefully! Failure to complete each step of these instructions could prevent or delay your access to the Cleanroom Laboratories within MNTL.
- Complete and submit the Keycard Request Form. If cylinder key(s) are needed please print out a Cylinder Key Request Form and submit it to the MNTL Business Office in Room 2104 MNTL.
- Complete and submit the MNTL Questionnaire for New Cleanroom Users at least three days prior to the orientation/safety training session you wish to attend. (See Step 5, below.)
- Depending on your cleanroom and fabrication experience, you may be required to take a short sequence of training modules covering the four basic process areas: lithography, deposition, etching, and metrology. The training modules will be comprised of both lecture and lab components. They will be held monthly for a limited number of attendees, and an attempt will be made to provide flexible scheduling.
- Take the online General Lab Safety Training offered by the University’s Division of Research Safety (DRS). Print out the certificate generated upon completion of the training. If you are an external user, please send e-mail to email@example.com for DRS login and password information.
- Attend the MNTL Cleanroom Lab Orientation and Safety Training, normally held from 9 a.m. until noon on the first Tuesday and third Monday of each month. Report to Room 2104 MNTL no later than 8:50 a.m. when you first arrive for the training. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days prior to the scheduled orientation session to confirm your intention to attend.
- Attend the MNTL Building Safety Training, normally held on the first Tuesday and third Monday of each month at 3:30 p.m. Report to Room 2104 MNTL when you arrive for the training. Please send e-mail to email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled training session to confirm your intention to attend.
At the cleanroom lab orientation you must bring the following:
- Your Keycard Request Form signed by a PI/Faculty member
- DRS General Lab Safety Training Certificate
- $8.50 fee for your proximity i-card form
- $25 deposit for each cylinder key requested
Once the above access procedures have been finalized, cleanroom users should contact the appropriate “super-user” to schedule individual training on the processing equipment within the cleanroom labs. (See Cleanroom Equipment Super-User List.) Also be aware that anyone using the MNTL cleanrooms after-hours is required to follow the laboratory's Buddy System Policy.
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-265-4452 if you have additional questions regarding cleanroom access.